recipe: pasta dinner
hello my name is Nicole and i’m blogging for this Tuesday while Miss Nabby is away! haha so if you are looking forward to a (kind of a) midweek relaxation time at home, having a slow dinner and just enjoying the night with no stress then i’ve got the simple dinner recipe for you!
ingredients you need: spagetti pasta, cherry tomatoes, anchovies/tiny sardines, mushrooms, parseley, an egg yolk, milk, pesto sauce (it’s green, barilla brand), rosemary herbs (or any dried herbs you can substitute with), garlic, onion, a little bit of butter & olive oil and mixed salad leaves.
instructions (here goes!):
- boil the pasta for the suggested time minus 2 minutes. which means you’d want your pasta a little undercooked
- heat up the olive oil & a little bit of butter (or no butter if you’re healthy) and fry in the garlic, onion and dried herbs.
- when the onion starts to go soft, add in the anchovies and let it “melt”. (this is a trick i learnt from jaimie oliver, so you don’t have to eat the fish literally. but you get it’s salty taste as a sauce)
- now fry in your tomatoes and mushrooms and parsley (or you can skip parsley if you don’t like it)
- now add in your pasta! and to that add an egg yolk, pesto sauce (add in teaspoon by teaspoon, taste testing as you go) and a little bit of milk (about 2 tablespoon). stir the mixture together
- add salt and pepper if you’d like (remember taste as you go!)
- now serve and tumble a handful of salad leaves
- sprinkle with cheese and red chilli peppers if you’d like
Dinner is served! Cooked this for my dad and i. You can also put in some ground beef that goes in before the tomatoes and mushrooms. this is a basic pasta dish and the best part is you can swap the ingredients around for a new dish! lol. hope you have a good day and dinner 🙂