if you want to know
15 facts about me:
1. I have severe hair issues which stem from many bad experiences in the past. Once an old chinese Auntie cut my hair while watching TV, it was not a pleasant experience. I have also coloured my hair many many times, which led to a phase of extreme blondness which I hope to never repeat again. I’ve also cut my hair many times, not just the fringe but I gave myself a bob once.
2. I used to have a cat called Gitty but he ran away 😦
3. Recently I’ve developed a cat allergy whereby I start sneezing and my eyes tear up and swell if I’m in contact with a cat, which kinda sucks.
4. I have run a full marathon without training before.
5. I lived in Europe for 5 months in 2009 and though I travelled extensively, I was also pretty poor and survived on mainly bread and Nutella. The good part was that it was during winter so no one really noticed the weight gain.
6. I can go for weeks without eating rice, but not without eating bread.
7. I used to have weight issues when I was a teenager. I was anorexic for a bit, but I was also bulimic for years. Thankfully I am not anymore.
8. I still have weight issues though. My body type is the kind where I can gain weight very easily and lose it very easily. That’s why I have to exercise regularly in order to keep my weight moderate.
9. I have had 4 fathers.
10. I studied Accountancy in university and absolutely hated it but the school did not let me change my course of study. I still feel bitter about this. If I could do it all over again, I would study Literature.
11. When I was 6, I fell out of my school bus because the Emergency Door opened accidentally. I rolled onto the road but fortunately the first car stopped and sent me home. The bus driver didn’t know I was gone! The principal refused to acknowledge that the bus driver was partly at fault so my mother made me change my school.
12. I used to poke holes in tomatoes with my fingers when I went to the wet market. Until one day the shop owner saw and I got scolded by both the shopowner and my mother. I still feel tempted, sometimes.
13. I was in malay dance in primary school, secondary school, JC and even university.
14. I used to hate spicy food and my mom would “wash” anything which I considered spicy just so that I would be able to eat it. I only recently learnt how to appreciate chilli.
15. I don’t eat mee siam, mee rebus, the peanut sauce in satay and rojak. There’s no real reason why. Laksa used to be on the list but I’ve recently started eating it again.
Image credit to the beautiful Nikipaniki